Re circumcision and scrotal web plasty 14.03.23

Cutalaot

19 мар 2023, 19:42

Сообщение Cutalaot »

The beginning of the story is here: viewtopic.php?t=6010#tothemes
Finally after years of waiting I have been operated on by Dr Babykin and his lovely assistant Dr Svetlana M.
So first Covid prevented me from travelling and then it was the Ukraine. Fortunately Dr Babykin made arrangements to perform operations in Baku.
I flew from the UK arriving a day before the planned date. The clinic asked me to come in for a routine blood test that afternoon. The next morning I walked from the hotel which is in the same street arriving, as arranged, at 08h30. I was shown to a modern private ward with one bed and en suite bathroom. All the people in Baku are very friendly and made me feel relaxed. Most of them also speak English especially the younger folk.
I was given a gown and slippers to change into and a few minutes later Dr Babykin came in to discuss the procedure and any requests. I asked for complete removal of the mucosal skin and he said that it would not be problem as I had enough remaining shaft skin. I was also having a Scrotalplasty, so he said it would take about two hours. I was wheeled to the theatre which was very modern and immaculately clean and asked to lay on the table. I was then covered with a disposable paper type sheet. I barely felt the first injection and after that nothing. Dr Babykin kept asking me if I was comfortable and the time flew by. I think I might have do ed off as it seemed as if minutes later I was wheeled back to the ward where I rested for a while. The Doctors arrived and gave instructions for treating the wound as well as an emailed version. The next morning I flew home and it's been painless so far. I don't know if it's Dr Babykin technique or because this was a revision of a prior circumcision but I have had very little swelling and no pain. Quite a different story compared to the first op that's for sure.
To anyone who desires a low cut style I don't think there is another surgeon anywhere in the world as accomplished as Dr Babykin and it's really easy to travel to Baku which is a modern and surprisingly large developed city.

UKRecirc

Re: Re circumcision

21 мар 2023, 11:01

Сообщение UKRecirc »

It's good to see another person from the UK on here. I'm in a very similar situation to you - underwent a circumcision in the UK a few years ago, got a low cut, not satisfied with the cosmetic outcome, would like to do an "under-the-head" revision with Dr Babykin.

Definitely a lot easier for foreign patients to see Dr Babykin now that he's also operating in Baku. Do you mind me asking - how long did you stay in Baku for whilst getting operated on? Also - a more logistical question, how did you pay for the online consultation beforehand if we can't send money to Russia digitally at the moment?

Would be cool to see some pictures of your results from the re-circ, too, if you're comfortable sharing!

UKRecirc

21 мар 2023, 11:06

Сообщение UKRecirc »

Also - if you don't mind me asking, did you get direct flights to Baku or stop off somewhere (e.g. Germany)? And was there a hotel close to the clinic where they operate?

Thanks!

Cutalaot

21 мар 2023, 16:01

Сообщение Cutalaot »

Hi UKRecirc

When I had the first circ done in London by a well known circ doctor he said that it is impossible to cut closer than 5mm to the head as it will cause the glans to flatten. What a load of rubbish it's done nothing of the sort. In fact the flare seems even more pronounced and I am delighted with the results. Healing is going really fast and today is a week since the procedure. The swelling which was mild anyway has gone and the glans sutures have already fallen off. I just wish the swelling could be a permanent part of having the op as it looked great🤣
As far as travelling there goes I got really cheap tickets via Istanbul with about an hours wait between flights. They are sticky about proof of 2 covid vacs or proof that you have had covid so make sure you have these. I applied for the visa on line which was quick and easy. The hotel was 90 metres from the clinic. I was offered very poor conversion rates at the airport but as I arrived the day before I walked about two blocks using Google offline maps to Bank of Azerbaijan who gave me really good rates of exchange. You need to check with Dr Babykin as I was told to bring cash. However I asked if I could pay for the blood test at the clinic by card which they accepted so maybe you can pay for the operation this way as well. I am super chuffed with the result and can't recommend enough that anyone considering a circ should go this route. I guess that I could have done it in one night and two days as the flight I took arrived at 06h00. Dr Babykin likes you to stay the night just in case of any problems like a haematoloma although I think the chances are unlikely. My suggestion is to arrive early on the day and leave on the afternoon or early evening of the next. You can obtain blood tests in the UK if you want to save time.

Cutalaot

21 мар 2023, 16:04

Сообщение Cutalaot »

Нажимая на спойлер, я подтверждаю,
что мне исполнилось 18 лет

Показать фото

Cutalaot

Re: Re circumcision 14.03.23

21 мар 2023, 16:31

Сообщение Cutalaot »

I forgot to mention that the airport is about 20km out of town. I arranged for the hotel to collect me and they had a driver holding up a sign with my name on it as I cleared customs and walked into the arrivals Hall. However I think this was unnecessary and I could have walked outside and hailed a cab or Uber. I don't know if all cabs accept cards but if necessary one can always walk into arrivals and get a few Manat at a bureau de change. The hotel charged me 50 Manat each way which I think is quite a bit more than a regular cab would be.

UKRecirc

10 апр 2023, 05:40

Сообщение UKRecirc »

Thanks for the response, Cutalaot. I hope your recovery is going well. If possible (and if you are comfortable), it would be interesting to see your result once you get the stitches out.

If I may ask:

1. How did you do your consultation with Dr Babykin prior to travelling to Baku? Did you do it via WhatsApp? And if I may, how did you pay for this consultation (I have heard it's difficult to send money to Russia at the minute if you're from Europe)?

2. Did you have any issues travelling/flying post-op (e.g. bleeding), or was everything fine?

Thanks very much.

Doctor
Специалист

Re: Re circumcision and scrotal web plasty 14.03.23

30 апр 2023, 16:45

Сообщение Doctor »

Hello UKRecirc.
I suppose Cutalaot didn't recieve notification. So I'll answer your questions:
1. We discussed his issue via email and after that video call in whatsapp.
2. He had little bit bleeding and swelling for the first days. Healing was very good and fast.

I sent email to him. Maybe he write more.

Cutalaot

01 май 2023, 14:12

Сообщение Cutalaot »

Hello UKRecirc

I emailed Dr Babykin and sent him photos. We the arranged a date and time for a whatsapp call where we discussed the operation. Dr Babykin speaks quite good English so it was easy to chat. He also emailed me a couple of hotel names nearby the clinic which I booked via Tripadvisor.
Flying back was completely comfortable and painless. As mentioned before there was very little swelling and no bleeding. I think removing all the mucous membrane or inner skin helps to minimise swelling. The head swelled a bit but this was not uncomfortable. Although this was a recirc it did not cause painful nocturnal erections like the first circ did. Perhaps the scrotalplasty reduced tension or something.
There was a sharp reduction in sensitivity and it was very difficult to reach orgasm the first few times but now things are almost back to how it was when I still had about 5mm of inner skin. I am really happy with the results as there are no visible suture marks. The scar line is perfectly even and only visible when erect. Just do it you will kick yourself for not having done it sooner.👌

UKRecirc

04 июн 2023, 01:16

Сообщение UKRecirc »

Cutalaot писал(а):
01 май 2023, 14:12
Hello UKRecirc

I emailed Dr Babykin and sent him photos. We the arranged a date and time for a whatsapp call where we discussed the operation. Dr Babykin speaks quite good English so it was easy to chat. He also emailed me a couple of hotel names nearby the clinic which I booked via Tripadvisor.
Flying back was completely comfortable and painless. As mentioned before there was very little swelling and no bleeding. I think removing all the mucous membrane or inner skin helps to minimise swelling. The head swelled a bit but this was not uncomfortable. Although this was a recirc it did not cause painful nocturnal erections like the first circ did. Perhaps the scrotalplasty reduced tension or something.
There was a sharp reduction in sensitivity and it was very difficult to reach orgasm the first few times but now things are almost back to how it was when I still had about 5mm of inner skin. I am really happy with the results as there are no visible suture marks. The scar line is perfectly even and only visible when erect. Just do it you will kick yourself for not having done it sooner.👌
[
Thank you for the response, Cutalaot - it was very useful. I certainly do intend to visit Dr Babykin in Baku in the near future.

Why were you circumcised in the first place? Medical reasons or personal preference? Was it done on the NHS? I had a medical circumcision for phimosis at the age of 20. I got a standard 'low and moderate tightness' cut but I had some complications with a post-op hematoma post-op, so the wound had to be 're-opened' to drain the blood, and I ended up with an OK-but-not-great cosmetic outcome. When I came across Dr Babykin's website and saw his results, I decided I was going to have a revision done to improve the appearance. If you're comfortable doing so, would it be possible to see the result now that everything has healed? Have you noticed any difference at all as far as sensitivity goes compared to when you had 5mm of inner foreskin, or is it exactly the same?

Thanks again!

UKRecirc

Ответить